- Understand the need of your treatment and diagnosis in detail from your doctor.
- Before your treatment, your doctor must explain you the treatment and clarify your doubts, if any.
- During your period of stay, doctors, nurses and pharmacists will clarify your doubts on medicines.
- Without your consent, no medical staff will give you treatment.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A PATIENT:
- Getting quality care and service.
- Getting treated with respect and attention.
- Getting information on your treatment, disease and the result of your treatment in the language you can understand.
- Getting treatment in safe and secure environment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A PATIENT:
- Giving complete and true information about your previous treatment and current state to your doctor.
- Respecting other patient’s privacy and their belongings. You and your visitors should abide by the rules of the hospital.
- Checking your belongings (ornaments) when you get them back.
YOU ARE FORBIDDEN FROM BRINGING THE FOLLOWING THINGS TO THE HOSPITAL:
- Expensive items like jewellery
- Food items without prior permission.
- Alcohol, Cigarettes.
- Drunkards will not be strictly allowed into the hospital.
- We always welcome our visitors. As per the rules of our hospital, two visitors are permitted per patient.
- Visitors with cold, diarrhea, fever, vomiting and children with virus infections like chickenpox and chickungunya should not see the patients. Infectious persons are also not allowed to visit the patients.
- MICU AND PICU:
- AFTERNOON: 12:00PM-1:00 PM
- EVENING: 5:00 PM- 6:00 PM
- MORNING 11:00AM TO AFTERNOON 12:00PM.
- EVENING: 4:00PM- 5:00 PM
- Our main aim is to provide quality healthcare to all patients. We are eager to hear your opinions about our service and suggestions to improve.
- If you have any queries, please convey it to our medical staff. They will help you in solving the same.
- For complaints, enquiries and feedback call us at 2120, 7402605567, 7402605570 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
KEEP THESE IN YOUR MIND AFTER YOUR TREATMENT:
- Get a copy of your discharge summary.
- Get copies of all your treatment reports.
- Make sure that details of your food, medicine and exercise have been informed to you.
- Make sure that the medicines you no longer need are returned back. Your nurses will explain you about that.
- You should be clearly explained about the medicines you need to take.
- Make sure that you take all your belongings.
- Make sure that your return your visitor’s card to the patient’s attender.